Trade Chat: Answer Your Questions About Importing PPE
Many Kentucky companies have transitioned operations to meet the high demand for PPE (Personal Protective Equipment). The April 28th Trade Chat will answer your questions around switching to importing & manufacturing PPE.
Has your company recently switched to making PPE for our front-line folks fighting this pandemic in the U.S.? Are you aware of all the regulations & laws that surround this product? There are probably lots of questions coming up daily about importing material to manufacture PPE, and questions around manufacturing this type of product. Bring your questions and join our lunchtime Trade Chat.
Our speakers are:
- Dave Robeson, Purchasing & Trade Compliance Manager t E.D. Bullard in Cynthiana. Founded in 1898, Bullard is a leading manufacturer of high-quality personal protective equipment and systems that are marketed worldwide. Product lines include thermal imagers, hard hats, firefighter and rescue helmets, supplied air respirators, powered air-purifying respirators, and air quality equipment. Bullard is a fifth-generation family-owned enterprise whose employees are committed to excellence in every product category.
- Kent Waide, Client Services Manager, for Advantage Kentucky Alliance. AKA is a statewide, not-for-profit partnership who provides assistance and training to help manufacturers of all sizes grow and improve! We are the affiliate of the U.S. Department of Commerce NIST Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program for the State of Kentucky. AKA offers expertise, training, and facilitated planning to manufacturers in a whole myriad of areas such as business strategies, process improvement, business growth and cost reduction.
Ian Mooers, our Director of Training & Advisory Services, will facilitate this interactive group call. During our monthly Trade Chat sessions, we will discuss such questions as:
- What keeps you up at night regarding your export operations?
- What strategies are you utilizing to make your export operations more efficient?
- What resources could you use to mitigate your risk in your export operations?
*This seminar is an approved STEP Grant reimbursement. If you have not applied for the STEP (State Trade and Export Promotion), please visit the Kentucky Export Initiative website for more information: Click here to learn more about the STEP Grant.